Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You Rock, Valentine Sunglass Gifts!

Long time, no post! Life has been crazy lately!

I love Valentine's Day. I know it has such a reputation of being a "corporate holiday," but I like how my husband and I celebrate. Every year since we met, we spend V-Day together in a traditional fashion. Drive through Wendy's, then a picnic in front of the TV with a rental movie. When we feel REALLY crazy, we may even run through the Dairy Queen parking lot and pick up Blizzards! :) Anyway, I digress. Back to the idea I want to share!


 
My friends this year will be receiving "You Rock" Valentine's Day cards and Sunglasses! Here are the materials I used:


  • Sunglasses, of course! I purchased mine for only $1.39 a pair from this vendor on ebay. I know we are getting close to the holiday, so you can always swing by Dollar Tree and pick some up for a buck a piece.
  • Designed sheet of cover stock. I know I have an in on this one because I'm a graphic designer, but don't let that stop you! Michaels / Hobby Lobby have awesome scrapbook paper selections and stamps/stickers you can use!
  • Ribbon
  • Paper Hole Punch
  • Eyeglass Cases (optional. I used them only for the cards I was going to mail to protect the sunnies)

 First, I designed by sheet and cut it to a larger size. This one is cut to 5.5" x 8.5" to fit an entire family's Sunglasses.


 I found it easier to punch 3 holes in a role to insert the arm of the Sunglasses to hang down from.


Tada! This set is for a family we know. One for Mom, Dad, and Baby (picked hers up at Dollar Tree) 


This pair is for a friend in Germany. I know it will have a long way to travel, so used a case to protect it. 


 Then cut down the sheet smaller with some scrapbooking scissors.


And tied it in place with a ribbon! I think she will be pleasantly surprised to be receiving a pair of sunglasses for Valentine's Day!

ENJOY! I'm excited for our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment